10 of the World’s Most Blinged-Out Buildings
These 10 jazzy architectural designs celebrate all that glitters.
April 11, 2012
Injecting a little sparkle and shine into otherwise dull neighborhoods, these architectural designs celebrate all that glitters. Gilded in gold, sequins, crystals, and more, each structure looks fit to house a disco party, or perhaps a drag-queen.
Peruse 10 of the world's most blinged-out buildings, and indulge in a little decadence, dahhhling.
1. Maison Martin Margiela @ Beverly Hills, US
2. Golden House @ Nuweiba, Egypt
3. 8 Woningen Kettingstraat @ The Hague, Netherlands
4. Zaha Hadid’s proposal for a new gold Lego-covered courtyard building at The Louvre @ Paris, France
5. Theresa Himmer's 'Glacier #01' @ Reykjavik, Iceland
6. Swarovski flagship store @ Tokyo, Japan
7. Copper sulphate crystal-covered abandoned housing estate @ London, England
8. Theresa Himmer's 'Volcano #01' @ Reykjavik, Iceland
9. Theresa Himmer's 'Waterfall #01' @ Reykjavik, Iceland
10. The Visionary Art Museum @ Baltimore, US
Published on April 11, 2012 by Anya Krenicki