PLAYMAKER
The Playmaker
Let's play
PLAYMAKER
  • It's Tuesday
    What day is it?
  • Now
    What time is it?
  • Anywhere in Brisbane
    Where are you?
  • What do you feel like?
    What do you feel like?
  • And what else?
    And what else?
  • LET'S PLAY
27° & CLOUDY ON TUESDAY 21 JANUARY IN BRISBANE
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Raise 'Em Up — Raising the Roof for Australian Bushfire Relief

Megan Washington, Matt Corby, The Kite String Tangle and more are hitting The Tivoli's stage to raise $100,000 for bushfire relief.
By Sarah Ward
January 08, 2020
  shares

Raise 'Em Up — Raising the Roof for Australian Bushfire Relief

Megan Washington, Matt Corby, The Kite String Tangle and more are hitting The Tivoli's stage to raise $100,000 for bushfire relief.
By Sarah Ward
January 08, 2020
  shares
BUY TICKETS

Throwing its support behind bushfire-affected Australians, efforts to combat the ongoing blazes and recovery activities — all worthy causes close to everyone's hearts at present — The Tivoli is putting on a huge benefit gig. The aim: to raise $100,000. And, the inner-city venue has enlisted Megan Washington, Matt Corby and The Kite String Tangle to help.

All three will take to the stage at Raise 'Em Up — Raising the Roof for Australian Bushfire Relief, which'll kick off at 5pm on Saturday, January 25. They'll be joined by Asha Jefferies, Ngaiire and The Riot, with more artists to be announced. The concert will also feature a party in the car park outside, food trucks and community raffles to raise more funds.

Megan Washington via Bruce Baker via Wikimedia Commons

All ticket, bar and merchandise profits from the night will be donated to two organisations, with the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal receiving 70 percent of the funds and WIRES – The NSW Wildlife Information Rescue and Emergency Services getting the other 30 percent.

Price-wise, this big party a pick-your-figure kind of affair — pay either $50, $75, $100, $150 or $200, depending on what you can afford to give. Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday, January 9.

Top image: The Tivoli.

  •   shares
      shares
  • VIEW COMMENTS

NEARBY PLACES

  • List
  • Map

SIMILAR EVENTS

  • List
  • Map

NEARBY EVENTS

  • List
  • Map
Tap and select Add to Home Screen to access Concrete Playground easily next time. x