WATCH: How to Make a Classic Vodka Martini With a Lemon Twist
Let's mix this one up.
in partnership with
Cocktail trends come and go, but one thing is certain: the martini is always in style. A good martini is a matter of technique — it generally only contains two to three ingredients, so the way in which it is mixed is key to their flavour, texture and taste. The martini is simple, but oh so complex. Ratios must be perfect, stirring time must be exact and extra touches are key.
At Grey Goose's Boulangerie Bleue waterside mansion party this summer, a classic combination of vodka and vermouth was served — but with a twist of lemon instead of an olive. We asked Grey Goose's lively global ambassador Joe McCanta to show us how to make this variation on the classic — check out his technique below.
50ml Grey Goose Vodka
10ml dry vermouth
1 twist of lemon
- Fill a mixing glass to the brim with ice.
- Add 50ml of Grey Goose Vodka.
- Add 10ml of dry vermouth.
- Stir slowly for 45 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Lightly twist your lemon into your drink, and gently rub the peel up and down the stem of your coupe, and along the brim.
Fancy trying another? Grey Goose Vodka's 'discover' function will tell you what cocktail you're perfectly suited for.
Image: Steven Woodburn.
Published on February 03, 2017 by Kelly Pigram